Quick Fire Business Things you should know as a Fit Pro -
1. TOMA - Means Top of Mind Awareness, when you think Dublin GAA - who do you think of? When you think Gym Equipment who do you think of? Get my idea - You need to have TOMA in a specific niche.
2. EAR - Earn, ask and reward all referral's - The EAR principle.
3. ABM - Always be marketing - a fun term for fit pros to remember to leverage their time.
4. VAT - That rotten thing we all got to pay when we earn over €37,500 Gross revenue, if you currently are not expect a knock on the door one day.
5. 250 List - Borrowed from Travis Jones, write out 250 people on excel and quite simply get out and meet them periodically. Be sure to include people outside your comfort zone.
6. Before Unit - What you do in Biz to get people in the door.
7. During Unit - What you do in Biz when people are in your door.
8. After Unit - How you communicate with people after they leave your door, Seriously know this stuff.
9. Lifetime value of a client (LVC) - On average how much does a client make you on average over the course of a lifetime. This is really important to know as you can leverage this pay a lot of money to get people in your door - example - Facebook ads - €100 - LVC - €2000 - You've just made €1900.
10. SEO - Search engine optimisation - This means how you set up your site to essentially do better in google.
11. Turnkey Facility - This means you can purchase equipment from one supplier, with exact colour coding and styles etc from day one. It used to be we had to buy gear from several sources with huge lead times - not any more. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want advice off me)
12. OTR - Own the racecourse - means building a website and driving all our social media traffic back to it. This is a very clever strategy.
13. Wistia - a Video Hosting site that enables you to capture peoples emails.
14. WordPress - What most websites are edited with - seriously know how to use wordpress, it should be thought in schools.
15. A, B, and C clients - Write out all your clients, if they are A's you love them and you want referrals off them big time. Try to ditch as many C's as possible.
16. Email marketing - A powerful tool for FitPros, this means you can set up a free report, a free video series etc on your site - and capture peoples emails along the way. With someones email in your possession you can send them extremely powerful marketing messages.
17. Squeeze page - Squeeze pages usually mean some form of sales script on a website - which then directs people to fill out a form/ email capture so you can then market to them.
18. Wufoo.com - A really useful form building software tool.
19. The Principle of the unequal Euro - This means the cash you earn from a great client, is worth way more than the money you earn of the same value off an energy vampire.
20. Pareto Principle - google it! Ha Ha
Thats enough for now -
If you are stuck in a rut with your marketing as a fit pro - Send me a message and we can meet up for a coffee and I can see if I can help you on some level.